At Medfor, we believe in adopting good practice for the management of customer information.
To protect your privacy, we follow five principles in accordance with ‘worldwide best practice’ for customer privacy and data protection:
Principle 1 - Notice
We will notify you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you. Generally this information is requested before searching our online systems, downloading resources, entering online competitions, or requesting information about or subscribing to our services.
We aim to use your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- To make our websites easier for you to use by not having to enter information more often than is necessary (although registration with separate systems may be necessary at times)
- To improve navigation and easily access our various intranet, extranet and internet systems.
- To help you quickly find information and create the website content that is most relevant to you
- To notify you of other relevant services, activities and events (any e-mail subscriptions are clearly indicated online).
Principle 2 - Consent
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use our websites but you will not be able to access certain areas that require registration / authorisation in order to proceed.
If you decide to register, you will be able to select the information you want to receive from us by subscribing to various services or options. If you do not want us to communicate with you about other offers regarding our services, you should select the relevant options against your account.
We strongly believe that we must obtain consent prior to the use of personal information. We do not send ‘unsolicited mail’ nor do we sell our ‘subscription lists’ – you will only receive e-mail notifications relating to the online options that you select.
Principle 3 - Access
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal/company information is correct and current. Where possible and secure, we will provide you with the facility to do this online (although some data is only accessible/updated by internal staff).
You may review and update this information at any time online by viewing your account details:
- Registration information - once you register, you won't need to do it again for that online service.
- After registration - you can login as a registered user of that online service and review / update related information.
- You can subscribe or unsubscribe to our newsletter(s) and/or information services online at any time
Principle 4 - Security
We strictly protect the security of your personal information. We will honour and respect the choices that you make for its intended use – for example, if you do not subscribe to our free email newsletter, we will not use your email address for this purpose.
Principle 5 - Enforcement